The second edition of the popular TRACKatlas includes 44 major heritage lines and revisions to the London layouts as well as updates to all the original maps. Developed from a series of maps produced for the UK Rail Industry, 139 detailed diagrams describe a National Network Map showing the extent of the operating network and its infrastructure. The maps show track level detail in a schematic format set over geographic centre lines. Passenger and freight routes are shown together with their track formations including connections, crossovers and primary sidings. All stations appear with most signal boxes, junctions and tunnels including their names and railway mileages; most level crossings are included together with information describing their type. Complex areas are shown as larger scale insets. Colour is used to show electrified lines.
The second edition includes:
- An Index Map showing the routes covered
- A 2 page history on Railway Mileages
- An Index Map to the map pages
- A Key and list of Abbreviations
- 104 pages of schematic maps covering the country followed by 35 pages of larger scale maps covering congested areas such as London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and other locations, all in full colour showing the rail routes at track level detail
- A full Index of locations with nearly 10,000 entries